Friday, January 28, 2011

(S2: Ep 11) The Vampire Diaries: By The Light of The Moon Recap

So, I happen to like to watch a little show called The Vampire Diaries. A friend and I usually email our thoughts and reactions about episodes to each other. Lately, I've been typing up those emails while I watch, so it's like writing a blow-by-blow of all the action. She and my sister gets a kick out of reading them, so perhaps others will too. Or not. At least I know I'll get a kick out of re-reading them. And, with all of these ridiculously long hiatuses, now I'll be able to easily go back and re-read them to remember what the heck happened! As much as I wish that the only things I ever had to think about was the plot details of TVD, sadly, that is not the case thanks to a little thing called real life.


So I finally watched the episode where Tyler becomes a werewolf, so that I can watch last night's episode when they replay it tonight at 8pm on the CW (since they take FOREVER to put episodes up on the www.cwtv.com)

I love the Caroline/Tyler dynamic. Didn't think I would, but they grew on me. Heck, Caroline grew on me since last season. Is it weird that I like her a whole lot better since she was turned? Although, I just love that Damon calls her Vampire Barbie. 

And WOWZA, is it me or does even Jeremy Gilbert look pretty hawt? Maybe it's just been two months since the last episode and I was missing the hawtness. He has nice hands. And arms. But I digress. LOL

Side Note: I'm watching on CW online (jeez there's as many commercials as if I was watching on tv! That's kind of annoying. Usually watching shows online means LESS commercials. Less CW. Less.) 

LMAO at the look on Caroline's face when she was like, "You're not going to get naked are you?" (As I'm chanting in MY HEAD: getnaked, getnaked, getnaked!) 

I wonder if Julz is a wolf.

OMG OMG Elijah is the historical society guy Jenna said she'd help. I KNEW IT! I knew as soon as Jenna said she had to help "some person" that it would be a baddie--most likely him. Question is, even though I knew it why the heck did I jump when they showed him on screen?

Oy. More endless commercials. So annoying. Seriously, if I can leave the video player running on the laptop while I use the restroom AND get a glass of water AND wash a frying pan, the commercials are waaaay too long.

OMG thank you so much for inviting me into your home! EGAD and Elena is trapped there! He is SOOO creepy! OMG jeremy didn't even see him? !!!! He needs to work on his hunter skills.

I think Elijah looks like he could be one of the Volturi. Not sure why, he just has that "look." Maybe because he's evil and they are evil?

Mmmmm, Tyler looks hawt even in chains. 

Ooh, interesting turn of events with Elijah. I still don't like him though.

So did Bonnie and that other witch guy (what is his name) break the spell or whatever? It's been so long, I forget what the moonstone's role was. 

Awwww, poor Tyler. :(

Sigh. Another commercial.

I knew she was a wolf. She's kind of badass.

OMG TYLER. :(

I love how Caroline won't leave him. OMG OMG he broke thru the chain. NOOOOOO I was hoping he'd still remember her. :(

Gee. More commercials. Sigh. Guess they need the commercials to bring in the money to pay for the special effects of Tyler's transformation, which were not too bad. I was expecting even lamer ones, so I was kind of pleasantly surprised. Although don't think I didn't notice that he was in the shadows to make it easier to "show" the transformation. And to hide the fact that Tyler was still in his gym shorts. 

Oh, hey Rose. I like her haircut. OMG she just got bitten. Wait...it's not fatal?? At least it wasn't Tyler that bit her. I was afraid he would (I knew Rose got bitten from what my sister slipped out before I yelled at her over xmas break not to say anymore!) So did Damon kill Julz with the sword/spear (that was silver I assume)?

Oh, no. Bonnie didn't suspect what? That the moonstone is not really destroyed. Oooh, you evil witch boy! Oh, no he did not switch them out! Why didn't I see that coming? I mean, we knew his father was on the dark side. I guess I was hoping the son wouldn't be either--but now I can keep rooting against him (I didn't like him with Bonnie anyway).

Oh, snap. They are working with Elijah. Oh yeah, I vaguely remember that. *shakes fist* Curse you CW. That's what happens when you have such long hiatuses! I forget the finer details of the plot!

Good. Katherine's still stuck. 

OMG another freakin' commercial?? Or I should say, commercials. I swear that the actual clips of the episode have gotten shorter and shorter! Seriously!

Aww, Caroline and Tyler. They just might be my new favorite part of the show. Their relationship. Awwww. 

Aww, Damon saying, I'm glad the legend was false. He can't just come out and actually tell anyone he cares/loves them can he (not without erasing their thoughts or whatever afterwards). I'm glad Rose is okay too. I like her. You go Rose! 



Rose: I don't love men who love other women. *waves hand vigorously* I'll take you, Damon! Even if you are still madly in love with Elena! 


Bwhahaha, Rose with her: That doesn't mean I can't be your special friend. 


See no one can resist! I'll be your special friend too Damon! LOL LOL LOL

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. It's really going to be fatal isn't it. *sniff* *sniff* I like Rose. I think she'd be so good for Damon. NOOOOOO. There must be a way to cure her. Bonnie must be able to find a spell or something... 

Oh, man. What a way to end an episode. At least I only have 48 minutes until they replay last night's on TV. Ha ha



(Disclosure: I did not actually post this recap and the recap for Descent until after I watched Descent. There was just not enough TIME in between my viewing of the episodes.)


Catch ya on the flipside. 
~Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment